Saturday, November 22, 2008

Jacksonville Chalk-fest

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Jacksonville Chalk-fest
Originally uploaded by grayd80
Some time this past week the city had a chalk fest downtown at The Landing. In walking to Starbucks from work I got to see all of these great works of art. It made me think- How sad that all of these wonderful works of art will go away.

It was kind of sad until I thought about the fact that artists must create. If I only had one sweater worth of yarn for the rest of my life would I knit it only once? NOOOO! I would make a sweater enjoy it for a while - rip it out and go at it again. I can not imagine my life without creating something.

My question to you is if you had only 1500 yards of one yarn for a year of knitting what would you choose?

1 comments:

Brenda said...

I would stretch (not literally)that 1500 yards into one sweater, mitts and maybe a scarf. Then, because I would now be out of yarn, I'd get caught up on my scrapbooking and do some painting, too.

 
See Jodi Run and Knit. Design by Pocket