Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Caution: craft room under renovation:

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

craft room curtians
Originally uploaded by parrotheadchic
Caution: craft room under renovation:

We have a room off of our dining room that we have never quite figured out a use for it. It is to close to the living room to be a TV room. The opening to this room is very large and no privacy is provided.

Ok, so as an aside - I don't believe in formal living rooms. I pay the bills at my house and if I am not company enough for the good stuff than who is. We use the good throws, burn the good candles, eat and watch tv in living room.

It is also a weird shape- it was obviously an enclosure. It is the only room in our house that has panelling( Ugh!). We have used it for a couple of parties as a bar room, but this seems to be such a waste! So I have taken over half of the room as a craft area. My area includes a drafting table- I keep my yarn below it, a card catalog, and a folding table.

I have just bought new curtains to girlie up the space. Here is a picture of the pattern from the curtains. I am not normally a purple girl, but $12 curtains- I could not pass these up at the thrift store. More to come- I will wash and hang them this weekend!

2 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

You're so lucky to have a room to dedicate to your fiber arts! Would love to see pics!

My parents painted their paneling, it looks fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Hey there.. sweetdarkfairy from swapbot. Thanks for sharing your blog! It is so interesting to meet so many craftsy people with different projects and ways of doing things, etc. Happy holidays!

 
See Jodi Run and Knit. Design by Pocket